Tuesday 20 October 2015

Inspiration.

As I have to create my own music video later on in the course, I have decided to choose 5 music videos that inspire me when it comes to creating my own.

1. Justin Bieber - Love yourself


Justin Bieber' love yourself is one of his newest singles, released in 2015. This video has no special effects or camera lighting, rather the simplicity of the video is what attracted me to it. The fact that it looks as though it has been filmed on a smart-phone in someones house shows me that you don't need all the technicalities to create an appealing video, a good idea is all it takes. If it wasn't for the choreography that runs throughout the video, it wouldn't have been half as successful, this is because it isn't just a 'dance' that takes place in the video, rather the dance has a narrative and is telling the audience a story without any lip-syncing taking place. 

2. Jessie J - Wild



I like the setting that this video has been filmed in and the the camera angles used. It is a very fast-paced video and grips the audiences attention as the camera is continuously moving and captures different movements and angles of the artists. There are also alot of edits and cuts that flow with the lyrics of the song. I also like how the video has been filmed in a studio, and the fact that the studio is being filmed by another camera, this gives the audience a bit more of a personal feel to the video as they can in a sense see what is going on 'behind-the-scenes'. The artists are singing to the camera, giving that one-on-one relationship with the audience, also the video i in black and white which I love, I feel that it adds that sort of edgy feel to a simply constructed video, and this automatically increases the appeal of the video.

3. WSTRN - IN2


Again the video is in black and white which automatically appeals to me. The location of this video is what draws me to it as it is similar o the kind of area that I live in and if I wanted to make a video similar to this it wouldn't be hard at all, also there are no extreme shots or technicalities in this video and is still very successful. I love the graphics used in the video, something which I have never seen used in a Hip-hop video like this before, the small twist added to such a simple video has made it all the more appealing to watch. 

4. Michael Jacson - Bad



Of course I had to put legend MJ into the mix. The one thing that obviously attracts anyone to his videos is his performance. Regardless of where he is whether it's in a gritty car park of in a night-club Michael never fails to put on one hell of a performance. I love the adrenaline that runs through this video by both Michael and his back-up dancers, coupled with the rustiness of the empty car park this is by far one of my favorite music videos by Michael Jackson of all time. 

5. Ed Sheeran - You need me, I don't need you


'You need me, I don't need you' was Ed Sheeran's debut single. This is one of the best debut singles I have ever come across, this is due to the choreography performed in this video. The unique choreography performed by the main dancer is one which I have not seen in a video before, and the dramatic dancing performed by the other dancers flows so well with the song and the beat that it just captures the audiences attention. The video is filmed in a studio with a plain back-drop and is in black and white, this along with the dance adds to the intensity of the video.








No comments:

Post a Comment